In an effort to help people interested in purchasing a Newfoundland dog, the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. has a list of breeders who have met certain qualifications.
The Breeder's List should be viewed as a starting point in your search for a Newfoundland puppy. Consider these experienced breeders as sources of information and networking. Most reputable breeders do not produce multiple litters every single year and seldom if ever have puppies available on demand. Also, please note the contact information provided by each breeder. If they provide a mailing address or phone number, those will probably be their preferred method of contact. Use the email icon to open an email link for the breeder, keeping in mind that breeders receive numerous inquiries every week for a very limited number of puppies. An email that contains no information about you and your needs/wants for a pup other than "Do you have any pups available? How Much?" will probably not elicit an in-depth consideration by the breeder.
To receive the most up-to-date information about available puppies, contact the NCA Breeder Referral Hotline - call 1-866-NCA-NEWF (1-866-622-6393) 9AM and 9PM EST or email email@example.com
The NCA does not supervise or guarantee the ethical practices of these breeders; however, the breeders listed herein have met the following minimal requirements: Qualifications for Eligibility:
1. Must have been a member in good standing of the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. for five consecutive years.
2. Must be willing to serve as an educational resource for prospective Newfoundland owners.
3. Must have no grievances, which the Mediation Committee has found to have a basis in fact and were unresolved at the closing date for the list. (NCA members and non-members may file grievances.)
4. Must always use a written Agreement/Contract in all Newfoundland transactions.
5. Must have bred two (2) Newfoundland litters while a member of the NCA.
6. Must have bred an AKC or CKC Champion Newfoundland. A copy of the Certificate of Title must be attached if not previously submitted.
7. Must have one sponsor, who is a current member of the Breeders List.
8. The NCA expects its members to make a life-long commitment to every Newfoundland they produce and to cooperate in the rescue of any Newfoundland dogs they produce.
9. The NCA recommends that every person on the Breeders List be a member of an NCA regional club. If the member does not live in the United States, he or she should be a member of their national or regional club in the country in which they live.
Persons on the Breeders List have agreed to abide by the NCA Code of Ethics.
Apply to Join the Breeder's Lists